On Saturday, June 20, we held our latest #SweetsCrawl, an occasional Ever In Transit reader meetup and sugar-fueled neighborhood walking tour. This time we explored all the best bakeries, pastry shops, and ice cream shops (there are SO many ice cream shops!) in Downtown Palo Alto, California.
We had an diverse group of #SweetsCrawl alums (from our past Bay Area events in San Francisco and Oakland) and a handful of new friends.
Two sweetscrawlers were born and raised in Palo Alto, but four people had never visited the city before! One sweetscrawler was brand new to Palo Alto, having recently relocated to take a job at Stanford University.
As usual we did a terrible job pacing ourselves and had to stop at a cafe mid-way to take a break before diving into part two. Our loving crew pooled together $95 to donate to the Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara & San Mateo County.
I’m so grateful to everyone who came out and joined us for this delicious day!
Our #SweetsCrawl Palo Alto itinerary (in order):
- The Chocolate Garage – to taste their craft “bean-to-bar” chocolates from around the world. (You might remember this post…)
- Chantal Guillon Macarons – Colorful French macarons and a taste of Paris.
- Timothy Adams Chocolates – lovely chocolate bonbons and DIY European-style sipping chocolates.
After stop 3 we already needed a break from the sweets so we stopped into Coupa Cafe, a local Venezuelan cafe for sandwiches and palate-cleansing iced tea.
- The Palo Alto Creamery – plump and delicious fruit pies taken to-go so we could add ice cream al la mode at…
- Scoop Microcreamery – creative + fresh Nitrogen-frozen ice cream. The bacon waffle bowl was a hit!
- Gelataio – organic Italian-style gelato made with fresh California ingredients
Here are some more photos from SweetsCrawl Palo Alto:
Some photos shared by other sweetscrawlers:
Thank you @caskifer for fun & fab day #Sweetscrawl #PaloAlto new friends & yummy treats support @2ndharvest one fave is Tuxedo Macaron Father’s Day edition#smiles A photo posted by Donna W (@meetdonnaw) on
Another fave #Sweetscrawl stop @timothyadamschocolates devoured these lil balls of #chocolate goodness! #PaloAlto #yum
A photo posted by Donna W (@meetdonnaw) on
Our organizers included fun & cool #Art #Murals stops on our #Sweetscrawl #PaloAlto @caskifer
A video posted by Donna W (@meetdonnaw) on
… and some sweet photos submitted by friends who joined us from afar:
Wish I was on the #SweetsCrawl today! Have fun @caskifer! Want one of these 🙂 pic.twitter.com/DETB4aiz2l
— Mrs. L (@rwlynn) June 20, 2015
yay, thanks for sharing! sad i missed out on such a fun day. 🙂
Cassie Kifer says
We were sorry to miss you! Next one’s in Santa Cruz this fall 🙂