***This giveaway has ended***
I love print guidebooks and always carry one when I travel abroad. My guidebook is my first source for history and cultural insight and helps me appreciate the people and places I visit.
To celebrate their 20th anniversary, DK Eyewitness Travel offered me four of their most popular travel guides (London, Paris, Italy, and New York City) to give away to one lucky reader. This prize is valued at $100. Even if you aren’t planning to visit any of these destinations anytime soon, the gorgeous photos and illustrations might very well inspire you to take your next trip.
All four books in the series have been updated for 2014. The guides feature updated itineraries ranging from 2-14 days, new content, stunning images and improved usability with the same quality standards the brand is known and loved for. Key features include:
- New itineraries based on lengths of stay, regional destinations, or themes
- City guides with tailor-made daytrip and weekend itineraries
- Country guide itineraries ranging from two to fourteen days
- Brand-new hotel and restaurant listings
- DK Choice listings highlighting special recommendations for dining and accommodations
- Simplified price and cuisine categories, with photography throughout
- Redrawn maps for improved readability
- Restaurants plotted on maps and listed with adjacent sights
- More detailed street maps, with subway stops and viewing points
DK Travel sent me a copy of the Italy guide to review. I’ve never been to Italy and have much to learn about the country’s geography, food, and culture. Luckily, this comprehensive travel guide has got me covered.
Each chapter includes easy-to-read color maps with photos of essential landmarks, and full-page photographic spreads showing important cultural highlights. One example, is this regional guide to Italian wine with tips for deciphering the labels:
I’m thrilled to send one lucky reader this gorgeous collection of travel inspiration.
Enter to win this DK Travel Guide 4 Pack!
Photographs and text reproduced by permission of DK, a division of Penguin Random House. ©2014 by DK. All rights reserved.