Yesterday I wrote a post summarizing my women’s packing list for carry on only travel in South America. Today, Kevin has shared his list on what he is bringing on the trip. He has fewer total items of clothing, but they take almost the same amount of space as mine because they are so much larger. Also, he is toting some additional electronics including the DSLR camera and accessories (I have most of his personal care items, most of our electronics, and all the first aid).
Here’s what Kevin is bringing–minus the cat.
- 2 pair convertible (zip-off) hiking pants
- Pajama pants
- Running/gym shorts
- Swim trunks
- Thermal underwear bottom
- Long-sleeve athletic shirt
- Long-sleeve thermal shirt
- 3 short-sleeve athletic shirts
- Wind-resistant fleece jacket
- Rain jacket
- Hiking shoes
- Flip flops
- Hats (a cold-weather beanie and a sun/rain hat)
- Wind-resistant gloves
- 3 pairs of quick-dry socks
- 3 pairs of quick-dry underwear
- Camelback pack for use as daypack and water bottle
- Pack towel
- Eyeglasses and case
- Contact lenses (plus two spare sets)
- Retainer/mouth guard
- Our DSLR–we use aNikon D5300 camera with 18-200mm lens and charger
- Nikon SB-400 Speedlight Flash and charger
- Joby Gorillapod tripod
- Remote shutter release cable
- Shoulder sling-style camera bag
- LED Flashlight (for lightpainting, and other use as needed)
- Electric Razor
Last chance for suggestions…please help us cut!!!
Note: the links to Amazon use our affiliate program which means a tiny percentage of any purchase you make through them would go to support our site. We would never endorse a product we didn’t use personally and believe in.